Devendra Fadnavis strong speech before he stepped down as Maharashtra Chief Minister
1) The alliance between Shiv Sena, NCP and Congress is like a three-wheeler whose wheels move in opposite directions. It will crumble under its own weight. The BJP will work as an effective opposition and try to raise the voice of people.
2) The BJP will become the voice of the people as Opposition in the Maharashtra assembly.
3) We have worked hard in last 5 years and did our best. We are proud of what we did.
4) The Shiv Sena threatened us over the chief minister's post.
5) Ajit Pawar came today and said due to "some reasons" he can't be with the BJP and then resigned. "Now, we don't have majority. We formed the government only because a big group of NCP MLAs came to us. We don't want to do any horse-trading."
6) We are being accused of horse-trading, but those who are accusing us have stolen the entire stable.
7) The mandate was for a BJP-Shiv Sena government, but Shiv Sena betrayed us. We wanted to make a government which the people of Maharashtra wanted. But the Shiv Sena played mischief.
8) The BJP never made any promise to the Shiv Sena on having a rotational chief minister. They threatened to explore other options. We waited. They then started talking to the NCP and the Congress. Uddhav Thackeray, who never used to leave Matoshree (his residence), was going around everywhere to talk to others.
9) Today, Shiv Sena's hunger for power is such that its leaders are even willing to ally with Sonia Gandhi.
10) I will go to the Raj Bhavan and tender my resignation. I wish them all the best for forming government. But it will be a very unstable government as they have huge ideological differences.